Procedure ESTA visa waiver to travel to the United States

We often hear about on forums and sites travel to the U.S. ESTA procedure . But what is it and how its work?

ESTA is a visa exemption program established by the U.S. government and respect thirty countries, including England , Belgium and Switzerland are included.

This allows travelers to stay up to 90 days in the United States , Alaska and Puerto rico same , without applying for a visa. This procedure established by the visa waiver program is very simple and fast.


How does the exemption visa procedure

Before leaving you must apply for electronic authorization . Simply click on the link at the bottom of the page that will redirect you to dealing with ESTA procedures for travelers most often francophone. Then simply fill out an online questionnaire and return your contact information ( name, passport, etc ….)

This procedure is paid ( 43 euros on the site below) . Your file will be checked for the first time by professionals who will ensure that it can be accepted and will be submitted to U.S. authorities.

In one to three days , you will receive a response that is mostly positive , if the questionnaire was filled in correctly and no errors occurred during the recording of your information.


 Validity of the ESTA and expiration

The ESTA is valid for two years from the date you received your registration number. However, your ESTA is linked to your passport number when recording , if your passport expires , even before the two years , you will need to reapply for authorization.


 How long can you stay?

You can stay up to 90 days in the territory of the United States and that even fractionally . That is to say, if you leave the country to go for example in Mexico and that you get a second time in the U.S. , two cases may arise.

Between the time you left us and returned the territory , you do not exceed 90 days. In this case, you can go to the previous buffer. But be careful to leave the territory at the date of expiry of the first buffer , that is to say up to 90 days after your first entry into the United States.

The second case, from me when you go to Mexico and the time you return to the U.S. territory your buffer to expire. You always have the right to stay in the U.S. for all the unused but have been counted when you were in Mexico, but you will get a second buffer , corresponding to a period equal to any unused days .

Registration ESTA

Registration ESTA